Back Pain — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Back Pain

Options
alice3395
alice3395 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
I have had cronic back pain for the last 10 yrs+. I have degenerative back disease.  3 of my discs have collapsed. I am currently on 24+ tablets a day. I work full time but at the end of the day i am in so much pain i could cry. Every time i try to talk to a doc i can only get as far as a phone call and all they do is increase my meds. For the last few months i am getting pain on my left side but the docs do not seem to be concerned about this. Where do i go from here.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you been refered to a pain management clinic ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • alice3395
    alice3395 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    I have done that, i have had physio,they even put me on a pully that was before i had the mri scan.
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Alice, @alice3395 and a warm welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear about your situation and hope we can find you some kind of help. In the end, of course, pain management is largely down to your medical practitioners, and you seem to be having some trouble getting them to take your situation seriously. There may be something you can do in terms of getting a referral or a second opinion, but others will be able to tell you more about that than I can. And others will, I'm sure, be in touch.
    For the moment you might like to have a look at the 'Dealing with chronic pain' thread on here, https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/chronicpain. I've had a very quick look and see a number of conversations on chronic back pain.
    I'm also going to tag an advisor in her who may be able to help you @ClaireSaul. You don't need to do anything a propos of that, it just means your post is marked for her attention.
    Warmest best wishes, Alice. Please keep in touch.
    Richard

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.