Hi my wife who had a home visit yesterday supposed to be at 10-30 turned up at 9-50 can they do this — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi my wife who had a home visit yesterday supposed to be at 10-30 turned up at 9-50 can they do this

samparrot123
samparrot123 Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Are they allowed to do this ?

Hi my wife who had a home visit yesterday supposed to be at 10-30 turned up at 9-50 can they do this 1 vote

Are they allowed to turn up 40 minutes early ?
100%
Waylay 1 vote
Would this be a valid option if she has to appeal
0%

Comments

• sandyp196
    sandyp196 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
    edited April 2018
    Yes they did it to me. You can view my post on here. I had an appointment at 9.15 and the assessor turned up at 8.10 am while I was still asleep. I let her in as I didn't realise the time. Once I did realise the time I freaked out as my occupational therapist planned to attend the f2f. I sent the assessor away and said i wouldnt do the f2f without my OT. She tried to tell me that appointment time can 'fluctuate'. I said i didnt care and wasnt going ahead wiH my support worker who wasnt due for an hour. She asked was it ok if she waited in my flat. I was horrified and said no it wasn't and would make me very uncomfortable. 
    That assessor sat outside my flat in her car for the entire hour. I found it very intimidating. 
    While I was waiting I looked for the appointment letter and nowhere did it say on that letter about appointment times 'fluctuating'. By the time I let her back in I was upset and angry and was waving the letter about and askin her to show me where it said on the letter about appointent time 'fluctuating'. She just shrugged her shoulders as if to say 'it was worth a try'. My OT said to me in front of her 'well done for waiting for me'. 
    The assessor wasn't happy.  I'm not hopeful for a postive decision on my claim. 
    But I will fight it and I will state how her turning up an hour early, and very early in morning, affected me negatively for the interview.   
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    So disgusting crafty so they can turn up early but if you turned up early for appt they would make you wait. I have no faith in these assessors. 
  • kelstar
    kelstar Community member Posts: 4 Connected
    I’m completely shocked, it’s already a stressful situation, please let us know how it turns out. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.