Pip - should i be grateful or appeal? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Pip - should i be grateful or appeal?

nanjack Member Posts: 7 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi i have just been awarded pip as i have multiple myeloma i have been awardex the standard rate for mobilty and living but am wondering whether to be grateful for this or appeal for the enhanced amount due to my physical condition and the fact that this is only going to deteriorate as it is not curable comdition 


  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Posts: 8,847 Connected
    A deterioration is something you address when it happens rather than in advance. Your physical condition is not relevant. The consequences of your physical condition are. It’s worth doing a self assessment using the tools somewhere like Benefits and Work and then getting face to face advice before taking any action. 

    That said, how long is your award? If it’s not ongoing then it’s worthy of challenge anyway. Again though, get advice first.
  • whistles
    whistles Member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Are you on ESA IR. Standard award means you keep your sdp. 
    Standard award mobility I think gets you a bus pass. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • nanjack
    nanjack Member Posts: 7 Listener
    Currently on ssp 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,216 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi nanjack

    Do not feel grateful for something less than you deserve
    as mike sais take the B&W self test


    Score yourself harshly then if you score enough for aa higher award get f2f advice


    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • dee4848
    dee4848 Member Posts: 218 Pioneering
    edited April 2018
    Be grateful for everything and anything you receive we are not forced by the DWP to applie for benefits its' our choice whever its' through hardship or not .


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.