PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip - should i be grateful or appeal?

nanjacknanjack Member Posts: 7 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi i have just been awarded pip as i have multiple myeloma i have been awardex the standard rate for mobilty and living but am wondering whether to be grateful for this or appeal for the enhanced amount due to my physical condition and the fact that this is only going to deteriorate as it is not curable comdition 

Replies

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,009 Disability Gamechanger
    A deterioration is something you address when it happens rather than in advance. Your physical condition is not relevant. The consequences of your physical condition are. It’s worth doing a self assessment using the tools somewhere like Benefits and Work and then getting face to face advice before taking any action. 

That said, how long is your award? If it’s not ongoing then it’s worthy of challenge anyway. Again though, get advice first.
  • whistleswhistles Member Posts: 1,590 Disability Gamechanger
    Are you on ESA IR. Standard award means you keep your sdp. 
    Standard award mobility I think gets you a bus pass. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • nanjacknanjack Member Posts: 7 Listener
    Currently on ssp 
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi nanjack

Do not feel grateful for something less than you deserve
    as mike sais take the B&W self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

Score yourself harshly then if you score enough for aa higher award get f2f advice

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • dee4848dee4848 Member Posts: 218 Pioneering
    edited April 2018
    Be grateful for everything and anything you receive we are not forced by the DWP to applie for benefits its' our choice whever its' through hardship or not .
Sign in or join us to comment.