Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
One very grateful pensioner
I have contacted SCOPE a few times recently in desperation. I was due to start my state pension on March 6th but due to "computer problems" I could get no tangible help from DWP and this went on on for weeks. I owe a massive thank you to the Scope community in It's entirety. You have given me much needed practical advise and unfailing support. I am now just about sorted. Alongside my physical difficulties I suffer from Depression and PTSD. I was in danger of going under but thanks to Scope I have come through it, stronger, wiser and feeling a great deal older.
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 620 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 906 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 689 Autism and neurodiversity
- 821 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.