Update on pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Update on pip assessment

Debsj62 Member Posts: 11 Listener
After my pip assessment i was informed that i had scored no points whatever even though i have sjogrens syndrome and suffer severe anxiety and panic attacks.  When i met with the assesor i was shaking hanging onto my husband for support,  he kept reassuring me that i was doing well and giving me water,  it was the first assessment he had ever done and he was being assessed whilst i was there. 
The notice that i got said that i was fine at the interview relaxed and chatty,  unbelievable! 
I asked for a mandatory consideration and explained i had lots of new medication for sjorgens and i was waiting for a mental health assessment. 
I heard a week later that i had still not qualified still 0 points,  i rang today and explained that i had received my mental health report stating that i suffer from depression and acute anxiety and bad cognitive skills,  they have asked me to send copies which i have,  i feel so let down,  if this doesn't help i will go further has anyone else experienced anything sililar? 


  • Jurph
    Jurph Member Posts: 361 Pioneering
    Unfortunately, yes. My situation is very similar.

    My advice would be that if you want to appeal, do it now. You only have a month after you get your MR. 

    If they decide to change their minds, you can withdraw the appeal. Don't risk missing the deadline by waiting for them to check your evidence.
  • Debsj62
    Debsj62 Member Posts: 11 Listener
    And me if this in not successful then i will go to tribunal,  good luck with yours x
  • cynders
    cynders Member Posts: 14 Listener
    I'm very sorry to those who have not got PIP .My husband did , luckily ,both top components ,but he's not got much life left in him . 
    I think it is a very cruel and nasty ploy to get people off benefits , without taking into account the real hardship and mental problems we have . Since I'm ancient , my DLA stays the same for life.
    I really feel for folk who've just been left with nothing ,what are they supposed to do ? 
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Tell them your experience.


    All correspondence should be addressed to the Clerk of the Work and Pensions Committee, House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA. The telephone number for general enquiries is 020 7219 8976; the Committee’s email address is [email protected]
  • Debsj62
    Debsj62 Member Posts: 11 Listener
    Hi Sleepy i have contacted them on the e mail address that you gave me but they are in reccess till april 16th
    So ill wait and see what happens and keep you posted
    Thanks for your advice x


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.