How do I apply for mandatory reconsideration? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

How do I apply for mandatory reconsideration?

minimouse61 Member Posts: 4 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
i just been refused my pip for my son who had it for life n assessment young lady who lied about my son  i now told our money stops on 1st may what affects me as his carer if i do apply mandary will it still stop may or carry on as i hope to take it court


  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @minimouse61 and welcome to the community. My heartfelt apologies for not being able to get back to you sooner, we just seem a little short-staffed today.
    You need, in fact, to talk to one of our specialist advisors about this and they will be along to chat with you as soon as possible though, being the weekend, it may be a little slower than usual.
    Please try to bear with us, and we WILL get back to you,
    Here and listening,
    Warmest best wishes,
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,212 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi minimouse and welcome

    Sorry to say your carers will stop until your son receives PIP again.

    Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report ?
    Have you asked for an MR ?

    You have one month from the date on the decision letter to ask for MR

    When your son is in receipt of PIP again you will have to reapply for your carers but it will be backdated

    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,674 Disability Gamechanger
    We have some videos on appealing a DWP decision that might help.

    Senior online community officer


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.