Hi, my name is Tigermoth42! - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Tigermoth42!

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Tigermoth

Don't panic
    Now you have the assessment report you know what descriptors need addressing.
    MR decision could take 6 weeks or could be tomorrow

You are not the first, and you won't be the last to get tricked by the walking time / distance question, out of interest time yourself how long you can walk before stopping. Even if you had said just 1 minute you  would still miss out on the enhanced rate. Very slow walking is gauged as < 45 metres per minute
    Unless you are built different to me then your back is between your shoulders and your waist. Last time I looked extreme anxiety and panic constitutes psychological distress
    Anyway, there is not much you can do until you receive the result of your MR.

You could start to prepare an appeal, but don't get all panicky about it, appeals do not have to be scary 

There is plenty of info on here about the process and watch your inbox as well

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tigermoth42

It’great to hear from you again, I’m so sorry to see your report is full of inconsistency’s but you are not alone believe me!!!!!

It’s crazy as these people get paid a fortune!!!!!!

I know that this doesn’t solve your current situation!!!!!

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can do to help/support you with this????

Don’t get “Worried or Stressed” as this will only make things 100% worse 

Please keep us up to date with things???

We are all here for you 24/7 so “please please”
    don’t worry!!!!!
  • Tigermoth42
    Tigermoth42 Community member Posts: 243 Pioneering
    Hi @CockneyRebel and thanks so so much for your message, I thought I’d managed to get on top of my mental state over this but the report has just brought it all flooding back. I kinda guessed it would and almost didn’t read it. I just blurted out 5 mins to shut her up as she kept going on and on about it,  I kept saying I didn’t know. Some days are better than others, some days it’s all I can do to put one foot in front of the other, it’s like knives sticking in me, but I know I’ll be even worse if I don’t try and move. I’m guessing, on a good day, I can walk for a couple of minutes before stopping but it’s very slow and I have to stop frequently to regain balance as I stumble often. 

I agree about the back, I thought it was my upper body too! I was shocked when I read that she doesn’t count extreme anxiety as a disability. 

I’m a bit calmer after reading your reply, you’re right, I just need to take it day by day until I hear about the MR. Thanks again for your support x

• Tigermoth42
    Hi @Steve51, thanks so much for getting back to me. I’m feeling a bit better after reading yours and cockneyrebels replies. I cried when I read them, it’s just so good to know there are lovely people out there who offer support and advice. I read recently about the vast sums of money that capita and Atos have been paid by the dwp, it is crazy. I have to wait for the MR letter and try and focus on each day as it comes, I hate getting into a state, it just drains me totally so I can’t function. Thank goodness for you guys x
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Tigermoth42. It is good to hear from you again and I'm sorry your news isn't better. I can only really endorse what others have said already.
    Here for you if there is anything I can do to help.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tigermoth42

Don’t worry it’s my pleasure.

This is why we are all here for.

Please please keep me in mind when I are feeling a bit low or you need a “pick me up”

Many Thanks.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Tigermoth42 Pleased to meet you again. Just some words of comfort and try to help if I can with support.

Please can I ask did you go to the assessment on your own or did you have support.

One of the aspects of the assessment is try to find support. If you need assistance  In the sense some on with you on any appeal. This is hard and not easy, I had so many knock backs and non results. Understand all these assessments 

My story is every 18 months or so for the past twenty years plus being reviewed and reassessed constantly. One assessor say am fit 18 months down the line next time assessor say am unfit. All these assessors got to the stage where and how to decide how to deal with it.

In the belief how as a person could I deal with this. Mental effecting and physically.  Loss of benefit, signing on. Changes were ridiculous. Sometimes no benefit for a month

All reports won on appeal.  Consulted charities and had support workers in my corner, plus now am on ESA support group.

I would always recommend having some one like an advocate or a welfare support in your interviews at all time.

I am not with mental health charity with no support at present. Have in the past gone on my own. Total failure get walked over, twisted words and make me look foolish.
    Now if it came again need either welfare rights or disability rights or some one similar in my corner. Because they do talk for you.

Wish you all the best and hope you can get a solution to the result you justly deserve, may I add they always do the assessment make it wrong and mis information.

Having some one to fight for you can be an advantage.

Take care

Always here to listen

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Tigermoth42
    Hi @thespiceman and thank you so so much for your lovely message. I did have my husband with me and he spoke up a couple of times for me as I was struggling. Not that the assessor made a note of that, in fact the exact opposite. I was in tears for most of the interview and she did ask if I wanted to stop but she’s not noted that either. I’ve been in receipt of enhanced rate for over two years, enhanced dla for three years prior to that. Now it’s reduced to standard care only. Two letters have now gone in for my MR with pain consultant letters, X-ray report and mental health team letter (sorry if I’ve already put this, I’m so confused these days!). The assessor has lied in her illiterate report, that’s the only way I can put it, I haven’t outright accused her in my letters but focused on each point raised and pointed out where she was incorrect. Hopefully they’ll read them! Thank you so much for your kind words and support. I know I’m not alone in this but I just feel like I’ve been kicked in the teeth. 

Hope you have a good evening, Gail x
  • JennysDad
    Definitely not alone, @Tigermoth42
    Here and listening,
    Richard @JennysDad
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Tigermoth42 Thank you for reply. Sorry what you are going through.

All I can  say having your partner that was great. Having some one else works.

Quick example some of my appeals with a friend or even assessments,  Failed not much as they were walking over me and him.

First time had support worker. No talking from me . Well hardly any few questions. No exercises..  Assessor was put on the back foot.

So passed.

Just a suggestion.

Take care always here to listen
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Tigermoth42
    Good to hear some of your experiences @thespiceman, there’s so many horror stories that it’s great to hear that some do succeed. Thank you too @Jennysdad, I’m having a bad day today, just feeling so down that I wish I wasn’t here. Ankles and feet now so swollen that I can barely walk, got a docs appt on Wednesday for results of blood profile, I know the liver and kidney tests were on the high side, probably as a result of my meds (I hope!). And to think the assessor saw no evidence of swelling - blind bat!! Hugs to you both xxx
  • JennysDad
    Hi @Tigermoth42
    and sorry to hear you're in a poor way at the moment. Some of these assessors should be given a different title, I think, but the language involved would not be welcomed on this site.
    I'm sure you're already aware of it - you seem to do it anyway - but if you use the @ID as in @JennysDad, @thespiceman and so forth we will always be notified of your post. We're here and listening.
    Very warmest best wishes to you, and hugs returned,
    Richard
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Tigermoth42 Sorry not well been looking to see how are you?..

One of the main things I like about this forum. We as a community love and care and have concern for every body.

As old fashioned gentleman from the days of manners and being courteous.

May I wish you speedy recovery as a member of our community .

Please can I add as a friend hope you feel better.

Please can I add also it is always worth considering have another party to review any benefits or problems. You have a lot to cope with.

Sometimes taking a step back looking what you have done. Having some else in your corner to advise and help.

In the early days of these assessments. I forgot to add, memory. Ageing disgracefully. Anyway went to these assessment with friends and we all supported each other. My group of friends then. Way back in the early 1990's plus now it is all changed.

Even me a season veteran of these assessments and the ordeal that have encountered. Understand always have some one else.

Not telling you the assessments now have changed in such a way that the companies doing them are under pressure.  Due to Government reports and lots of press coverage.

So are we as a community. ATOS and Capita have had their cards marked.  Now they are under scrutiny from every body and suddenly we as a community have more opportunities to give the assessors more awareness of our illness and our disabilities.   With independent support in your corner, they do not wish to be troubled by the outcome.  The assessors have to give clear, precise and well founded basis for failures.

Knowing that some of the governments implementations might come in to force.

All these years being treated badly and it is coming out. What the hell is going on. 

Wish you well. Always remember we as a community are here to support you.

Take care
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    @steve51 Pregabalin and Gabapentin are NOT opioids. They're anticonvulsants/antiepileptics.

• Tigermoth42
    Thank you so much @thespiceman and @JennysDad, your support helps so much, just knowing I’m not alone in this struggle. Having come off morphine after at least ten years of addiction, my pain levels are worse, in spite of the gabapentin I take which is supposed to help - huh, fat lot of good that’s doing! Other than the weight gain, which started with pregabalin, I’ve not noticed any difference. But hey ho....keep popping those pills! About the only thing that takes the very worst edge off is the buprenorphine I take as a substitute for morphine, under close scrutiny by the local drug and alcohol service and the pharmacy. Just dragging my sorry carcass around is enough without the additional stress the claim process adds! Hope this finds you both as well as you can be, much love and hugs xxx 
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Tigermoth42 Thank you for kind words much appreciated.

Most important person is you right now. Just we are all here. Anytime. Take small steps.

I am sure I speak on behalf of my friend  @JennysDad he would appreciate the kind words as well.

Lovely to meet you always here to listen.

Anytime

The Spiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Tigermoth42
    Hi @thespiceman @JennysDad and @steve51 hope you’re all ok guys. Just thought I’d share the latest c**p to be thrown at me. I called motability to check about keeping my car for the 26 weeks, as indicated on their website and in the motability magazine, to be told that it only applies to people transitioning from dla to pip who have their award withdrawn, not pip to pip as in my case. My car has to go back on the 4th June. I don’t think the dwp have any idea how badly their pathetically flawed assessments affect people. It’s one step forward and ten back, I can’t take much more of this nightmare. 
  • JennysDad
    Hello @Tigermoth42, and what on earth can I say? This is just so bl**dy horrible.
    I'm going to tag Cockney Rebel in again, as he was so helpful earlier, and our Benefits Advisory service too, in the hope that they may somehow be able to help.
    Wish I could be there to put an arm around you. 
    Love to you - useless as I know it is,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
    Tagging @CockneyRebel @BenefitsTrainingCo
  • Tigermoth42
    Hi @JennysDad, thanks so much Richard for your supportive message, it means a lot. The metaphorical arm is much appreciated, it’s like life seems intent on kicking me further down that I already am. Struggling to survive as it is on ESA so zero chance of affording to buy and without my safe ‘box’ I’m virtually housebound. Hopefully I hear back re my MR before I lose the car and just trying to focus on what I do have - at least I’m still breathing so that’s positive!  :)
    Sending love back, Gail x
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Tigermoth42 Thanks for kind words.  Please can I ask has Motability confirmed that the car has to be returned.

So sorry and wish I could be there to support you as a friend but I am clueless why you have hand back car.

Got the information in front of me.  Have you spoken to Motability, clearly states.

Motability Transitional Support is available for those who are no longer eligible to use the scheme following their assessment.

Customers who are eligible for a package will be able to retain their car for six months including MR.

Then lists the criteria too long and complex. Not to confuse you.

This is contradiction of what you have been told. I assume you need to speak to welfare rights or disability UK. Because even myself reading it is not very clear. 

Also regarding the car have you spoken to the dealership.

Please can I add somethings amiss here. Not right need clarification from Motability in writing.

Please can add I had this a letter informing me, saying. You have less than a year on your contract. You need to ring this number. You will not qualify for the scheme.

Totally confused, rang up.  Then told you can apply for a car. Just a minute you said I can not apply because, have not been assessed PIP yet.

Go ahead so I said OK but what happens if I get assessed while having car for less than six weeks or even less.  So the point is in my case. Still on old DLA waiting.  Eventually one day for to be assessed. Got new car, but if I fail assessments got no car. Only then will found out what is happening.

Please sorry but this is not a rant just trying to make it clear, that the scheme something is wrong is there not.

I wish and pray and hope some one here either can get advice and support.

Regarding your situation.

When it is this going to stop this confusing and misunderstanding. 

For those who deserve and should have access to this scheme.  The whole idea is it not to give support and independence to those who need to live a life
    The soul destroying and unnecessary goal of hurting and harming our community Unjust, unfair and ever increasing plan of this Government to create more isolation for our community.

My fears and anxieties grow more daily.  I could be one as well effected if I lose my car, trapped in my home.

My heart goes to all who are constantly battling isolation and trying begin to cope with living a life.

I give my support to all of our community the time who ever you are. 

In the meantime hope I give words of comfort and say hope you can find the strength carry on 

Always in my prayers and thoughts

Take care

Always here to listen.
    Community Champion
    Recipes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.