Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Hi, my name is Team Leonie
Not really sure how to word this . Two things really I have a mobility car for my Daughter Leonie whose 5 .5 years old . She has now passed her power chair test ” yehhh “ but the ford smax I have will not fit her powerchair in when it’s ready to pick up or be able to transport her about with her chair . I’ve already paid £2500 to get a bigger car only a year & half ago . I can’t afford another high payment just to get a bigger vehicle and to get it adapted for her . What do I do ? Please . Secondly my eldest sons friend set up a justgiving page for leonie & me because we’ve been to see a specialist for having a SDR operation in Nottingham and he will do the operation BUT it’s not funded on the nhs . So for 3 weeks we’ve been doing fundraising to get the amount she needs and the aftercare which is the most expensive part ! Could anyone advise me ? Thank you so much ! Vicky x
- 48.3K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 516 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 905 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 577 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.