Feeling alone no matter how many people around me — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling alone no matter how many people around me

Options
Gill53
Gill53 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
I'm feeling alone, even though I have a wonderful carer and a wonderful son who lives with me.
It's funny you know, it really doesn't matter how many people I have around me, sometimes it's just as lonely as if there was no one.
However, I'm Gill from Bampton in Oxfordshire and I'm looking forward to becoming involved with the group. So thank you for having me 

G L Grundy 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello Gill @Gill53 and welcome to the community. Good to have you with us.
    It's likely to be a bit quiet at this time of day, but you'll find any number of members here who can relate to your 'aloneness'. I can myself, though from a very different cause.
    Some of it comes, I think, from feeling and knowing things - it often feels like knowing 'too much' - that you can't really share with those around you. It's not necessarily because they are unkind or uncaring, but simply because you know it is beyond their comprehension. Sometimes one bottles it in because one knows that the reactions of others will simply disappoint, sometimes because one doesn't want to inflict the pain of knowing on those we care for.
    Whatever it is it is very real. I hope contact with some of our very many members will help ease it for you. You're safe here and need hold nothing back.
    Very warmest best wishes to you,
    Here and listening,
    Richard
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Gill53, and welcome to the community! It's great to have you here. 

Sometimes it's speaking to those who are in similar situations that can be the biggest comfort, so I do hope you'll get involved with our community. You can see our recent discussions here, and we have plenty of friendly community members who are always up for a chat.

I look forward to speaking to you more in the future and if there's anything we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to get in touch!
  • Gill53
    Gill53 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Options
    Thank you so much for your message, how lovely to be welcomed in such a friendly way. 
    G L Grundy 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.