Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
My son as been diagnosed with spastic paraplegics also bifid spine depression agoraphobia
I really need some advise I don't know what to do anymore my son's 30 years old he's homeless currently staying with me in my one bedroom flat has been diagnosed with these disabilities he's suicidal Say's he wants to kill himself every day DWP have taken his benefits away from him they make him sign on at the job center knowing he carnt walk without tripping up or falling he suffers with terrible back pain we have appealed three times now and now its going to go to a tribunal I just don't know what to do or where to even start to get help he had an assessment and with in ten minutes of us being in the assessment the advisor told us he'd already failed as DWP consider he can use a wheelchair they have just ripped us apart he's also had sick notes from his doctor that they won't accept I'm afraid for him that he may do something to end his life please someone help me if you can
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.