severe disability premium help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

severe disability premium help

rachel25
rachel25 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
my severe disability premium got stopped in Oct 2017 due to my pip being stopped as I was told I was no longer entitled to it, I had a tribunal on the 19th march 2018 and won, I was previously getting enhanced daily living and no mobiltiy.
I am now back to getting pip standard (daily living) and enhanced mobility. I havent heard if Im entitled to any premiums now or if its going to get back dated from Oct? does anyone know? thank you 

Comments

• anixous2017
    anixous2017 Community member Posts: 56 Courageous
    Were  you on pip or dla before, did they stop, and you had to make new claim . I got mine dated back and carers and disabity premium. I was on DLA and invited to apply for pip so court said it would get backdated . DWP normally phone you within 4/6 weeks of you getting letter from court. 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hi @rachel25

Yes the SDP should be re-instated and backdated, provided you continue to meet all the other requirements.

Given the time that has elapsed since the Tribunal I would say the DWP are not going to do this without prompting. Therefore I recommend you call them and ask them to add it back on. If it's ESA you claim, the number is 0800 169 0310.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.