What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

severe disability premium help

rachel25rachel25 Member Posts: 10 Listener
my severe disability premium got stopped in Oct 2017 due to my pip being stopped as I was told I was no longer entitled to it, I had a tribunal on the 19th march 2018 and won, I was previously getting enhanced daily living and no mobiltiy.
I am now back to getting pip standard (daily living) and enhanced mobility. I havent heard if Im entitled to any premiums now or if its going to get back dated from Oct? does anyone know? thank you 

Replies

• anixous2017anixous2017 Member Posts: 56 Courageous
    Were  you on pip or dla before, did they stop, and you had to make new claim . I got mine dated back and carers and disabity premium. I was on DLA and invited to apply for pip so court said it would get backdated . DWP normally phone you within 4/6 weeks of you getting letter from court. 
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering

Hi @rachel25

Yes the SDP should be re-instated and backdated, provided you continue to meet all the other requirements.

Given the time that has elapsed since the Tribunal I would say the DWP are not going to do this without prompting. Therefore I recommend you call them and ask them to add it back on. If it's ESA you claim, the number is 0800 169 0310.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.