PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Please help

justg72justg72 Member Posts: 173 Pioneering
Hi I am now appealing with an MR letter to point out what is wrong with the report l received. I don't know where to start when questions were answered I wasn't even asked. My disability affect s me differently. I had video footage of before,during and after a tonic clonic seizure.  The assessor refused to watch the video if she had it would had answered and given different scores. My seizures and the number of I have really impact on my life as it's not under control. She has said that l am fine and have no problems. She put I can cook and use the oven and hob I would not dare this is too dangerous I could seriously burn myself. Same with the some of the other questions l can't do things consistently and safely. Would I be able to use the video as evidence in an MR appeal. My complaint about the computers been down in the assessment is been investigated as my seizure diaries have not been taken into account. When I have not had a seizure yes I can dress myself and I stated this and I am ok but when I have one it affects me for hours or all day. Any advice please?

Replies

• lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 469 Pioneering
    Hi,
    you are in exactly the same position as me. Daily uncontrolled epilepsy without warning.
    was awarded 12 for mobility but only 6 for care.
    i have just put in my MR.
    dont try to call the assessor a liar as that is not going to get you points.
    go through each description stateing why you can’t do this. Give examples of any accidents or injuries that you have had trying to proform these tasks.
    keep repeating that you can’t do things because of safety over and over again
      my assessor said I could do things because I looked fine.
    however I made it clear that I was educated and not stupid. And that it was during and after the seizures that I needed care. This could be anytime day or night. Either outside or in.
    As this happens daily and I am at risk all of the time 
    so I can’t cook myself, have a bath, clean myself up whilst wetting myself during a seizure etc.
    i hope this advice helps.
    and please don’t give up. People with epilepsy need daily care if it’s not controlled. Good luck
Sign in or join us to comment.