Uc medical — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Uc medical

Vanjmali Member Posts: 2 Listener
I have been asked to attend a medical next week to see if I can get any additional money. But my friend had told me I won't get any of i claimef after May 2017. Is this correct? I was on income support moved house last year and was put on uc but I have lost so much money I can hardly live. 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,258 Disability Gamechanger
    If you're found with a Limited Capability for work (WRAG) and you started your claim after April 2017 then no, you won't have any extra money. You'll stay on the amount you're on now.

    If you're found with a Limited Capability for work related activity (Support Group) then yes, you'll receive extra money. It will also be backdated to week 14 of your claim.

    You could also be found fit for work.

    During this assessment you'll be assessed on your ability to do any type of work. You should answer those questions with as much detail as possible and avoid answer with just a yes or no.

    Did you send in evidence to support your claim? This will be needed as they very rarely contact anyone for evidence.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.