Dreading my Tribunal all these Horror stories — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dreading my Tribunal all these Horror stories

Options
missm
missm Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
as title i am awaiting my tribunal to say i am terrified is an understatement, from filling the form in on April 2017 to now and still no tribunal date, i read somewhere that just before your tribunal the dwp look again at your claim is this correct ? 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi missm

Whilst you should take account of the post you see on this forum, it's important to understand that whilst many of these are from claimants who are having problems with their claims they actually represent only a small proportion of claims. The reality is that most claims are processed trouble free.

It is likely that the DWP will look at your claim in the week before your hearing, in some cases this can lead to an improved offer but in most cases nothing will be heard and your claim will proceed to hearing

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • missm
    missm Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
    Options
    its disgusting how were left, if you havent got mental health issues to start with your more thank likely will at the end, i been on brown envelope syndrome for over a year now  :#
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's true, @missm.  I had no mental health problems before I went through the PIP process but I'm not sure that was still true when I came out the other end ;).  Putting us through PIP can make our health worse and so maybe make us more eligible for it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.