Need some help — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Need some help

aands Member Posts: 1 Listener

Just wondering if anybody can help me.

I have been on employment and support allowance since 2011 (for chronic pain and subsequent depression, social anxiety and not wanting to leave the house)and have since passed two tribunal appeals. I have recently been through the process again and this time failed my appeal.

Due to failing my appeal I have been worse than ever, pacing the house, not sleeping, eating and contemplating ending things. My parents have removed my amitriptyline medication to stop me potentially od on this. I do not have any friends as I have been isolated due to my chronic pain and depression to talk to. I have however been to see my gp and he has made a quick appointment with the community mental health team. 

I need help as I have no income. As I am in a uc 'full service area' would I have to claim universal credit and try again to be placed in a limited activity group through this route? As I understand it I cannot be placed on esa again?
Any help in this regard would be great


  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,676 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2018
    Hi @aands
    Welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear you are having such a tough time.

    You are a member of our community and we appreciate you. If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at [email protected].

    You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself. If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

    It is good to hear that you are going to see the mental health team, I hope they can offer you some support.

    You might also want to speak to CAB about your finances and exactly what benefits you could be entitled to.
    Senior online community officer


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.