Tribunals — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


teresa50 Member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi everyone finally got my court date for pip 15th may its for the mobility part of it to which they took of me as they said I didn' need it. I'e been fighting this for a while now as have problems walking very far because of the slipped discs in my lower back and up my spine and had 3 hip eplacements 1 left 2011 and 2 right Feb 17 & 9th  may the 1st one they fractured my right hip so got 2 screws in it being referrd to Nuffield yet again. I don' sleep very well anymore because of the pain don't go out the house much anymore its just so unfair. I' love it if someone from scope could come to the tribunal with me as I do get tongue tied my 19year old daughter coming with me can' afforķd a taxi there as it cost me £40 there and £40 back. I' libteraly fed up with the pain. 


  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,798 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @teresa50, thanks for sharing this with us. I'm so sorry to hear that you're in pain and having to go through this process, but I'm glad to hear that you have a tribunal date. It sounds as thought you're taking the right steps to prepare for this.

    Whilst Scope cannot directly provide representatives to come with you, we do have guidance and support that will hopefully help you to be prepared. You may like to check out this guidance on appealing DWP decisions, and also this Citizens Advice guidance on the tribunal process. If you do feel you would still benefit from having a representative, there are private firms available who can provide this, and it may be something you can discuss with our other community members on the forum.

    I really hope this helps and please do keep up updated. Wishing you all the best for your tribunal and fingers crossed for the outcome you're hoping for.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Member Posts: 2,610 Disability Gamechanger

    The Tribunals Service might refund your taxi fares, or part of them.  There should be details on the correspondence you have received, or phone the clerk.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.