Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, I'm Richard - ask me questions about CP
Hi, my name is Richard and I work for Scope in the role of Specialist Information Officer - Cerebral Palsy. I will be providing specialist support to various aspects of Scope's work including the online community, helpline and information teams.
I live with my wife and our daughter. I have spastic quadriplegia and use a wheelchair. As some of you may know I volunteered as a Community Champion in my spare time. To date my career has been varied and I even tried my hand at running an Amusement Arcade! I join Scope from the Higher Education sector, where I worked for a Russell Group University for four years. I am passionate about removing barriers to Higher Education and that disabled people can realise their aspirations whatever path they choose.
Whatever your experience of CP, I am keen to work with you to improve the information we offer to people living with CP and their families.
Specialist Information Officer and Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead
Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 838 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 302 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 269 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 705 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 952 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments