Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Moving from WTC to ESA

Maggie_the_BraveMaggie_the_Brave Member Posts: 3 Listener
I currently receive the standard daily living rate and enhanced mobility rate of PIP. I receive WTC at the enhanced disability rate and HB with the disability premium. I cope ok financially, but have no buffer.

I have become too ill to work and need to claim ESA. As I was self-employed, SSP is not an option.

The area I live in is now UC, although I have not been transferred to this yet.  I had understood that, when I was, I would not receive less than I was already on, although the amount would never increase until UC had caught up with and 'swallowed' the difference. 

I have not yet made the claim for ESA through UC as I am afraid. I have been told by UC that I have to make a completely new claim which will not be treated as a transfer. At this time my WTC and HB will stop and I will receive nothing for 5 weeks. After that I will be about £60.00 a week worse off than I am at the moment.

Has anyone else been through this? Is there anything I can do? I have tried the CAB, but they were as baffled as I am, I have also tried to get through to the disability help line, but it cuts off after 10 minutes and I have never managed to get through.
Sign in or join us to comment.