PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Mandatory reconsideration notice

joannekennedyjoannekennedy Member Posts: 12 Listener
Recieved my pip decision today and want to do mandatory reconcideration notice. Do I just send a letter why I disagree or do I need to phone them to let them know I will be sending the letter. Also would it help if I send a supporting letter from my GP
Thanks

Replies

• lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 458 Pioneering
    I telephoned the DWP. They asked if I wanted to do it over the phone. I said no I shall be sending it in in writing.
    downloaded MR form from DWP website.
    just sent in same letter off GP as I had previously sent plus a hosp appointment letter
    dont send too much medical jargon in as it’s not the diagnosis that is being questioned. It won’t all get read
  • whistleswhistles Member Posts: 1,603 Disability Gamechanger
    Have to requested your assessment report? 
    You will need that in order to see what the assessor felt.

I didn't do MR as I have no other information to send. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • joannekennedyjoannekennedy Member Posts: 12 Listener
    Thank you just had a look on the DWP website had a look at the form to download will do it tomorrow 
    Just to let you know, my MR was sent off on the 4th April ( had only 6 points for daily living) and I telephoned them yesterday to ask if they had received it. Apparently a decision was made and a letter sent out on the 18th awarding me standard daily care and high mobility.
      The only evidence I sent with it was a GP letter that I had sent before and a hospital appointment letter.
      I know the chance of turning around a decision at MR are only about 20% but my case shows it can be done with no medical jargon.
    as long as you can prove the diagnosis that is what was on my GP,s letter, that is all that is needed.
    the important part is going through each activity explaining why you can’t do the activity and telling them what has happened in the past if you did do the activity
    Dont call the assessor anything nasty. I only mentioned mine once and that was towards the end.
    its not the assessor who is making the decision now it’s going on your reasons why the decision was wrong.
    the whole award is looked at again which is a little worrying, however if you feel like I did that you had a good reason to challenge the decision then do it.
    i was quite prepared to take mine to a  tribuneral and saw the MR as a stepping stone. 
    Thankfully I don’t have that worry anymore
    good luck, take your time writing your MR and make copies.

Thank you that does give me some hope. I also scored 6, there are a few things on the letter saying I had said I could do at the f2f which isn't true. Mine only lasted 15 minutes and seemed like it was rushed
    Then in your summing up part tell them that your assessment of 15 mins was rushed so that it was impossible to come to this conclusion 
    write it knowing that a judge at a tribuneral will be sitting and reading it.
    that is how I wrote mine.
    Most of my report said that I could do things when I said that I needed help.
    i explained in the MR in my own words ( not the assessor,s) why I couldn’t and what problems I had had in the past
    Thanks for your help
  • whistleswhistles Member Posts: 1,603 Disability Gamechanger
    I had a good assessor and the DM took points off. 
    But when I scored myself harshly because they will be, at best I made 6 or 7 maybe 8. I did both self assessments over different days. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
Sign in or join us to comment.