Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Capacity for work assessment
Can anybody tell me why sick notes which my partner has had now for 9 months with heart disease, stent and still one blocked artery are not worth anything for universal credit or work capacity assessment? I can't understand how the system can over rule a doctors note that says my partner can't and shouldn't work. I suffer with depression and can only work part time and my hours have been cut to 15 hours through work cuts. We have to manage on £500 from my wages and £96 universal credit. How can this be right? I have been told that because my home is mortgage free we are not entitled to any help. WCA Assessment say he is fit for work and no points. PIP say he is 2 points short of claiming PIP. DESPERATE TIMES.
- 55.4K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 844 Work and employment
- 601 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 305 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.4K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 709 Chronic pain and pain management
- 720 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 315 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.