What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Benefits question

Kath113Kath113 Member Posts: 4 Listener
I my son gets midden dla and I now I am on income support and also made clam for cares  allowance I been told on the phone they have sent me letter.  but no money as gone in yet so do u think they have said no in the letter 

Replies

• Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Kath113

You should find out by letter if you are entitled before you see money in your account, so you may have to wait till the letter comes, or you could cll them and ask?

Let us know how you get on
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Kath113 said:
    I my son gets midden dla and I now I am on income support and also made clam for cares  allowance I been told on the phone they have sent me letter.  but no money as gone in yet so do u think they have said no in the letter 
    A claim for Carers Allowance takes about 8-12 before payments are started. You will of course be backdated any money owed. Backdated money will be the carers Premium only.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.