PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Tribunals and photographs

munishamunisha Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi! 
I wanted to know anyone's experience of going through with the tribunal in court and was wondering; can they take photographs of claimants in their home surroundings and use this as evidence in court? Do they not have to gain consent in order to do this?  

Replies

• JennysDadJennysDad Member Posts: 2,308 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @munisha and a very warm welcome to the community. I'm not able to answer your question myself, but we have some good people here who will, so if you'll bear with us they will get back to you as soon as possible.
    Tagging @mikehughescq: Any ideas?
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,615 Disability Gamechanger
    It wouldn’t be a tribunal doing that. It would be DWP investigating an allegation. They require consent internally to authorise surveillance (I think it’s under the RIPA legislation off the top of my head) but they certainly don’t require the claimants consent. That would be odd. 

“I want to investigate you for fraud. Can I have permission to film you please?”
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community, @munisha! I hope the above responses are helpful, and do let us know if you have any further questions. Are you preparing for a tribunal at the moment?
Sign in or join us to comment.