Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Lifeline service problems
I have a lifeline service and my dongle holder was broken and for two years I kept asking about getting a replacement because mine was broken! Anyway I found out that if the dongle is broken including straps that it must be fixed within 24 hours or quicker. Well in September last year I got burgled and assaulted and things were made worse because I didn’t have my dongle with me, it was impossible! Where do I stand and can I sue my housing association for not fixing the dongle covering/strap in the time permitted! I was told by the lifeline engineer that there are even 4 hour slots where things must be fixed within 4 hours but two years and more is one massive joke! I have other serious issues that I need help with because I need to move, I’m scared and don’t ever go out any more, I have brain tumours as well as spinal cord tumours and my recent MRI scan shows new damage in two places! I can’t sleep at night and I’m not coping at all!
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 613 Work and employment
- 513 Education
- 931 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 574 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 684 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.