Contribution based esa — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Contribution based esa

can some one please explain to me how it works I earns 6335.53 in 2015/2016 and there saying I’m short by 80.00 to claim contrabution esa help please 


  • gnmeads
    gnmeads Member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Hi janejj welcome to the scope community.
    Try this link to Ask a Benefits Adviser:
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,622 Pioneering
    Hi janejj,

    To satisfy the first contribution condition for ESA C, in one of the last two complete tax years you must have paid contributions on earnings (in respect of class 1 contributions), or have paid contributions producing an earnings factor (in respect of class 2 contributions), of at least 26 times that year's lower earnings limit - eg, £2,938 in 2017/18: 26 x £113.
    To satisfy the second contribution condition for ESA C, in each of the last two complete tax years, you must have paid contributions, or received NI credits, which produced an earnings factor of at least 50 times the lower earnings limit (£5,650 in 2017/18: 50 x £113) and only class 1 or 2 contributions count for ESA C.

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.