Worried about my pip review assessment next Tuesday — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Worried about my pip review assessment next Tuesday

jakbuk
jakbuk Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi got my pip review assessment next Tuesday yes I am worried 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @jakbuk and a warm welcome to the community. Glad you have found us.
    Let me respond to the 'worried' part first :smile:
    If you are worried on account of things you have heard and read, that is perfectly understandable, but you should try, if you can, to keep in mind that what you have heard and read will only be about cases that have gone badly. Cases that go well are not news. To use an analogy I have used before: if a bus were to crash in your local town today and cause fatalities, that bus crash would be headline news at least in your local paper. The paper will not say 'there has been a fatal bus crash in town today but 5000 other bus journeys have taken place within the same area without difficulties'. It is only the bad stuff that gets reported, and whilst there is plenty of it where PIP and DLA are concerned, there must be huge numbers of assessments being made that are entirely uncontroversial.
    We all wish you the very best of luck.
    That aside, however, we do have skilled advisors and very experienced members here who will do their best to help you get through all this in one piece :smile: I would strongly recommend that you have a look at the PIP/DLA forum and at some of the conversations and resources there. 
    The following link, which is in that forum, contains PIP Frequently Asked Questions and includes advice on all sorts of things, including what to expect and what and who to take with you, where to get further advice and more.
    Please have a look. 
    In the meanwhile some of our members and advisors will probably get back to you as your post filters through to them.
    I hope some of that helps.
    Very warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2018
    Welcome to the community @jakbuk
    So many of our members have been through the PIP assessments so we understand just how stressful it can be.

We have a video about preparing for a PIP assessment that might help
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq5QV_SnkJs

Jump in and get involved, we have lots of discussions going on about PIP

Good luck and let us know if there is anything we can help with.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi

Someone can attend the assessment, that will feel as though you are being supported.

They can also take notes on your behalf.

If you have a copy of your claim form, take it with you and correct any misunderstanding by the assessor.

You can also hand in extra support documentation, at this stage.

Arrive about 10 minutes before your appt, as they check your ID etc.

The assessment will take about an hour.

It will be about your daily living activities.

Don't be afraid to explain things in more detail.

Make sure you are satisfied with what you have said and  add any further points before the assessment has ended.

Only you know in detail about how your disabilities affect you, so in fact you are the Expert Witness.

Keep all updated.

Best wishes

atlas46

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.