Finances and extra costs
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Discretionary fund

jackandjodie95jackandjodie95 Member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi. At last I have found out re Discretionary Funds. NS and I do them without a problem. Called Informal/ Formal Trust Fund depending if you want a solicitor or you executors to run it. I have searched for ages - The banks are not interested.So happy to share this info.


  • Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Do you want to share a bit more @jackandjodie95 ?
    Senior online community officer
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,297 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad you got the support you so needed and can sort thing out, but please inlighten us all on the ins and outs of how to do it please I am sure many more would or are interested to know. 
  • jackandjodie95jackandjodie95 Member Posts: 9 Listener
    Call  NSand I  in Glasgow 08085 007 007 for.,or download  form SB 26T (2016/02). called Application to Invest in an Investment Account for Trustees. So the Trustees  and Beneficiary details are  to be filled in, and the Settlor -that's you if you are leaving money to disabled person, fills in details-like opening a Bank account-and a min. cheque of £20 is required. At the back is a Statutory Declaration form to be signed by the Trustees before a solicitor. Mine charges £7 as it is 1 Document and 2 signatures..My Solicitor is just adding the Trust account number in my Will as my Daughter and Granddaughter will be Trustees.Online details are           Regards. Judith.
Sign in or join us to comment.