Found for for work — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Found for for work

Kelly2912 Member Posts: 7 Listener
Yeah dwp found me fit for work bit my doctor thinks different I was told my doctors sick note s don't mean anything to dwp.... I don't really know what to do now has my head isn't on a really good place. I know i can not cope without all my medication but I'm really thinking of coming of it all has I wouldn' be able to work while taking it has the side affects make me too sleepy on them . 


  • despondent
    despondent Member Posts: 88 Connected
    Wow so your doctor who has has trained for years in medicine knows less about your condition/s than the DWP, unbelievable. Kelly please dont stop taking your medication, you need it, and the only person who will suffer is you. You really need to get proper advice. Have you tried ringing scope on their free phone number or getting an appointment with the CAB. I really feel for you. You are in the right place, someone from scope will post an informative reply, with links it maybe on Monday now. I know how hard it is, but you are doing the right thing asking for help, and you will be able to move forward when you are given the correct information. I wish you all the best.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Member Posts: 971 Pioneering
    First, call them and ask them to send you aacooycof the assessor's report (PA4). Then you need to ask for a  Mandatory Reconsideration. You havehto ask for this within 28 days of the date on the decision letter. It's a bit complicated, so try to get some help from the CAB, Scope, or Welfare Rights. If you have a social worker or CPN, they can often help too.
  • Kelly2912
    Kelly2912 Member Posts: 7 Listener
    I have phoned them for a mandatory reconsideration just waiting for a result 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,798 Disability Gamechanger
    Wishing you all the best for your MR, @Kelly2912. You may find Scope's guidance on DWP appeals helpful, and do feel free to ask any questions you may have.

    As has been said, please make sure you speak to a GP or medical professional involved in your care before making any adjustments to your medication. It might also be worth speaking to your GP about your mental health too, to see if there's any support they can offer? The appeals process can feel really daunting, but we're all rooting for you and happy to help in any way we can!


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.