permitted work — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

permitted work

I'm a bit confused, please could someone clear this up for me? I'm hoping to start some 'permitted work' later in the year. I know there are two types: 'permitted work' and 'supported permitted work'. Someone said you can only do voluntary and earn next to nothing in 'permitted work' but in 'supported permitted work' you can earn up to £120. But on the government website it just says it's £120 in each group. Is this correct? Could I just do 'permitted work' (in a non-supported workplace) without losing my benefit? For example, could i earn £100 in a normal workplace and keep it?

Thank you


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.