Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Tax credits stopped, now told to apply for universal credit
I tried to change my tax credits from joint to single in Jan 2017 .to which they were stopped in July 2017 ..I've emailed wrote and rang ( more times than i can remember ) as was told it was easy to just do change of circumstances .....finally after visit to job centre I got new tax credits to now been told that I'm not entitled and I have to apply for universal credit so fed up with this
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.