PIP - condition has worsened — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP - condition has worsened

zazazal
zazazal Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone, looks like a great site for the disabled. i have just had a full knee replacement, about 9 months ago, i was told it takes about 18 months to heal fully, however over the last week something as gone wrong with it, and now can hardly walk, i don't know if this would affect my pip, i use to be on the higher rate of DLA And it was for life, however they took that off me and i have to get reviewed every 3 years, aswell as reduced my payments, so really don't know were i stand at the moment. anyway hopefully i will find out afew things on here.

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hell @zazazal and a warm welcome to the community. Good to have you with us.
    I'm not a benefits expert by any stretch of the imagination, but others on here who are will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
    The key thing about PIP, I do know, is that it is not concerned with an individual's condition, per se, but only with how that condition affects the individuals' ability to function. This PIP self-assessment programme has been recommended by many- it's anonymous and free and should give you some idea of how you are placed. Others, though, as I said, will get back to you with more in due course.
    Hope this helps.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi again @zazazal
    I should have mentioned, too, that I believe any change in condition has to have existed for a full three months before it will be considered. Others will correct me on this if I am wrong.
    Best
    @JennysDad
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @zazazal, welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about your knee troubles, have you arranged to see your GP about the difficulties you've experienced in the last week? It may be a good idea to see how things progress before taking any immediate action, but Citizens Ddvice have further information on reporting a change in your condition on their website, which you may like to take a look at.
  • zazazal
    zazazal Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Yes I have seen my GP he sent me for an xray of which they told me it would be a week to ten days before they get the results, but it feels like something in the knee joint has come loose. and its really painfull when I try to walk. so now I just have to wait. thank you for your replies.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.