Heat — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Heat

Options
cripps
cripps Community member Posts: 412 Pioneering
This heat is playing havoc with me on this medication, anybody else having problems? ?

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes as a MS sufferer I can understand where your coming from. But I find going out early morning or early evening avoid the hottest part of the day Maggie doesn't like it to hot either. Our front room is cooler but still 20decrees.
  • cripps
    cripps Community member Posts: 412 Pioneering
    Options
    I think i should have asked earlier because me being me went out at 2 o’clock and the heat just knocked me for six and not only that when i was out and about i decided to call in BQ which is in crewe Cheshire and pick up 1or 2 items that i needed, when i was in there i suddenly needed the toilet so off i went in my wheelchair to the loo ?, when i got there to my amazement i find there’s NO handle on the disabled  toilet door ? so i was stuck. The only thing i could do was to rush off and find a member of staff. When I had finished i went off to find a store manager, after finding one and complaining very strongly i sat there waiting for a mind bending reason all i got in return was a blank look ? and no explanation, with that i abandon my items and left. What a joke BQ with a store and warehouse full of handles to sell to the public but not 1 to spare for the disabled toilet. OUTRAGEOUS!!!!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.