Hi my award stopped and so has all my other benefits help! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi my award stopped and so has all my other benefits help!

kerstar
kerstar Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi guys Im new to this so bear with me. I was receiving PIP for a year then had a review where the assessor decided that I wasn't entitled to PIP any more.  The only real change was that I had had a Plate removed from my ankle, due to it causing me pain.  I suffer with COPD, OCD, Depression, Anxiety, Sleep Apnea, B12 Deficiency and Insomnia as well as pain in my ankle from a previous break.  Now that my PIP has stopped so has my housing benefit, council tax and tax credits as I am self employed and only do 16+ hrs a week.  I have done a MR but am awaiting the decision.  What do I do now I make costumes and bags so only get paid when I sell something, can anybody advice me please??  Thank you in advance 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kerstar and a warm welcome to the community. Glad to have you, but sorry you're being put through the PIP hoops.
    I'm no authority on this, but we do have members here who are and who will get back to you as soon as they can.
    Bear with us for the time being and if, in the meanwhile, there is anything more you would like to ask us or tell us please don't hesitate.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • guccidog
    guccidog Community member Posts: 32 Listener
    Ask them to look at it again. If no success the appeal through tribunal 
  • kerstar
    Thank you all for even reading my post.  I would appriciate \ny help you guys can give
  • guccidog
    guccidog Community member Posts: 32 Listener
    It' very sad. So many people are going through this. I am appealing now through the court.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kerstar

Good Evening & Welcome to the gang!!!!!

1. We have got lots of info & advice.
    2. I’m very very happy to help you with anything.
    3. There are “Benefit Advisors” on our site where I would be more than happy to pass on your post for there “take”

Please please let me know how you feel?????
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    kerstar said:
    Hi guys Im new to this so bear with me. I was receiving PIP for a year then had a review where the assessor decided that I wasn't entitled to PIP any more.  The only real change was that I had had a Plate removed from my ankle, due to it causing me pain.  I suffer with COPD, OCD, Depression, Anxiety, Sleep Apnea, B12 Deficiency and Insomnia as well as pain in my ankle from a previous break.  Now that my PIP has stopped so has my housing benefit, council tax and tax credits as I am self employed and only do 16+ hrs a week.  I have done a MR but am awaiting the decision.  What do I do now I make costumes and bags so only get paid when I sell something, can anybody advice me please??  Thank you in advance 
    Hi,

Your next step is to ask for the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request this. If you haven't already got a copy of the assessment report then ring DWP and ask them to send you this.

You'll need to put your request in writing, stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points.

Any extra evidence should be sent with the MR letter. Only 20% of MRs are successful so expect to have to take it to Tribunal. Around 70% of those who appear at the Tribunal have a decision in their favour. Unfortunately, it can be a very long process as there's huge backlogs for Tribunal hearings all over the country. CAB are good at helping with this or any other disability advice centre near you.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kerstar
    I sent in my mandatory reconsideration letter but am still waiting.  My tax credits has stopped to because i am self employed working 16+ hrs a week.  Without the PIP they now say I have to do 30hrs a week to qualify.  I don't know if I would be able to claim anything else or not.  This has affected my depression & anxiety alot, My dr has given me more pills to take. :(

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.