Paying for care? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Paying for care?

dipsset
dipsset Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi has anyone had a letter from there council to say they have to pay £59 23 a week for contributions to receive the care they need from there carers 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Just saying hello and welcome @dipsset. I don't have an answer for you, I'm afraid, but I know there will be others here who will and they will be in touch with you as your message filters through to them.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @dipsset and welcome to the community.

I believe all the councils now charge for care depending on circumstances and income. This is because of the huge cuts they have received in their budgets from central government and they no longer have the funding to fully provide these services.

The letter you received should state how the amount you have to pay has been calculated and there should be additional information regarding payments on the council website.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.