Pip mobility- will the DWP review it? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip mobility- will the DWP review it?

Stotty1
Stotty1 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi to everyone that reads this , im writing this because i scored 4pts on the planning a journey section , now if im right when the dwp review all claims the people who scored 0pts or 4pts will not get thier score upgraded because these were the descriptors before the government changed the wording about mental distress , i would be grateful if anyone can clarify this for me as my support worker goes with me to any appointments i have , even at my pip assessment my manager from the project im currently living at attended it with me but yet still only got the 4pts. 

Comments

• Stotty1
    As a footnote to the above this is what my assessor said in my notes "Reports a problem due to low mood and motivation to undertake a journey. This would be in keeping with his presentation at assessment. MSE shows he has reduced facial expression , he appeared withdrawn, and had some difficulty coping at assessment. Social history would indicate a high level of need , he is in 24 hours supported living due to his mental health. He takes multiple moderate dose mental health medications . It would be reasonable to suggest that he would require prompting in order to undertake a journey due to his mental health .
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hi @Stotty1!

Rethink has given some information on what the recent changes mean, and how this will work for people already claiming PIP.

I hope this helps :)

• Stotty1
    Hi Lasian, thanks for replying,  i suppose it's just a waiting game until the new guidelines come out.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Stotty1 said:
    Hi to everyone that reads this , im writing this because i scored 4pts on the planning a journey section , now if im right when the dwp review all claims the people who scored 0pts or 4pts will not get thier score upgraded because these were the descriptors before the government changed the wording about mental distress , i would be grateful if anyone can clarify this for me as my support worker goes with me to any appointments i have , even at my pip assessment my manager from the project im currently living at attended it with me but yet still only got the 4pts. 
    They haven't changed any of the descriptors yet. When they do start to look at all the awards if you meet the criteria for those descriptors then yes you'll be given the extra points. Not everyone will qualify.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Stotty1
    Hi@poppy123456 , i was thinking the descriptors would just revert back to what they were beforehand,  no doubt they will be trying pay as few people as possible,  but within the law this time .

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.