How do I start an accessibility campaign? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do I start an accessibility campaign?

Ikay
Ikay Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am seeking advice on a project I am perssionate about...., Wheelchair accessibility into public buildings in a town in Nigeria.
I am currently in UK. There are not much accessible structures such as ramps, rails and other disbled friendly structures that facilitate independence. Lack of such structures restrict and limit  access to most basic services such as healthcare and education. For persons living with disability and who use a wheelchair as the primary form of mobility, environmental barriers; the physical and attitudinal are among the greatest barriers to active engagement and paticipation. It leads to isolation and poor quality of life.  I would also be grateful to know how to involve patient and public in my research.
I would like advice from people who have done such research / project please.
Thank you for your interest and time.
Best regards
IK Abdul-Kareem.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.