Help at home with Chronic Pain — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Help at home with Chronic Pain

JulestheBat Member Posts: 16 Connected
Hello all, 
Im new here and just want to say wow what a wonderful thing to do. Ive been in facebook groups but often found them to negative. So Im really glad I found here. 

Ok so Ive got Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain, Joint Hypermobility and some stenosis, slipped discs in my back. Lately Ive started shaking badly almost like convulsions when Im in my most pain. This really takes it out of me.

I attend a pain clinic. Theyve got me doing things to accept the pain and accept theres no cure. Its all kinda self help stuff. 

My mobility is getting poorer by the month. The occupational health team came out last summer and I got a wheelchair and shower aids. 

Ive had injections earlief this year in my back and will be going back to see the consultant to see if they can fix my back or its an forever thing. 

My local GPs is the best support I have. 

Im wondering is there anyway I can get help around the home? My Dads 75 and has bad legs and my Mams just had a stroke. My other half works full time and my other family have young children. Who do I turn to to get help? 

Im 38 years awesome if that helps with anything 

Thank you ???

" If in doubt, Freak em out" - Sharon Needles 


  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,798 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JulestheBat, and welcome! It's great to have you here.

    Thanks for sharing this with us- I'm so sorry to hear that you're living with chronic pain. I wonder if you've tried searching for local homecare services to see if they may be suitable for you?
  • JulestheBat
    JulestheBat Member Posts: 16 Connected
    Thank you so much for replying. I will check that out that you  :*:*
    " If in doubt, Freak em out" - Sharon Needles 
  • teighan
    teighan Member Posts: 15 Connected
    Hi,I also suffer with fibro, and your body shaking will probably  be tremors that sadly happen all the the time with this illness.x
  • Girlhappy
    Girlhappy Member Posts: 9 Listener
    you should contact your local council to see if they do a care worker scheme,if they don't they should be able to give you advice about it. Or even have a word with your volunteer centre, they might have a befriender scheme, they might have someone who was a care worker on their books that might be able to help.. I hope you get what you need.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.