Representative to accompany to PIP Tribuneral — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Representative to accompany to PIP Tribuneral

elbest Member Posts: 37 Connected
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Do you know if there is an organisation who could provide assistance to accompany me to a PIP tribuneral? Either a representative to help me with my case or just someone to go with me? My son who normally does things for me works in a very important job and won't be able to attend. I have contacted welfare rights with no luck. I live near Wigan in Greater Manchester. Thankyou in advance.?


  • markyboy
    markyboy Member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    The average waiting time for a tribunal is now 9 months you could put your case on paper and send it to the court and tell them to make a judgement in your absence you will get a hearing much quicker.
    I waited 9 months for a tribunal that i attended and the next one i asked for a paper hearing and got it in 2 months
  • amy798
    amy798 Member Posts: 29 Connected
    Look into Fightback4justice - I’ve heard they’re great at benefits and can advocate
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Posts: 8,845 Connected
    Welfare Rights in Wigan went in-house (for service users only) years ago. It’s not clear there’s anything left of it. Wigan and Leigh Carers Centre have a worker who does welfare rights advice and representation. No need to pay for a non-local service when you have an excellent free one in your area.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.