PIP appeal help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP appeal help

Options
Catherine8
Catherine8 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My daughter has ADHD applied for pip scored no points . Her consultant said we should appeal so we did waited 12 months had the appeal other day which was very intense and formal . Received letter today saying she was refused  but scored her 5 points for daily living component and 4 points for notability component  absolutely disgusted had 10 years of coping with problems  due to her ADHD .  And find out today a relative who is 2 years behind in education and not diagnosed with anything just has some problems gets awarded DLA  the pip system is a joke should let the dwp have my daughter for a day . She's now 19 but still hard work day to day don't know what to do now wouldn't like to go to next appeal process my daughter would not cope . It's unfair how you get treated in this country .

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can make a new PIP claim at any time.

PIP is awarded not for conditions themselves but how these affect daily living and mobility.

Disability Rights UK site (DR) has a good guide to all stages of PIP.

Try to get f2f help from CAB or similar.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.