PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP appeal help

Catherine8Catherine8 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
My daughter has ADHD applied for pip scored no points . Her consultant said we should appeal so we did waited 12 months had the appeal other day which was very intense and formal . Received letter today saying she was refused  but scored her 5 points for daily living component and 4 points for notability component  absolutely disgusted had 10 years of coping with problems  due to her ADHD .  And find out today a relative who is 2 years behind in education and not diagnosed with anything just has some problems gets awarded DLA  the pip system is a joke should let the dwp have my daughter for a day . She's now 19 but still hard work day to day don't know what to do now wouldn't like to go to next appeal process my daughter would not cope . It's unfair how you get treated in this country .

Replies

• MatildaMatilda Member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    You can make a new PIP claim at any time.

PIP is awarded not for conditions themselves but how these affect daily living and mobility.

Disability Rights UK site (DR) has a good guide to all stages of PIP.

Try to get f2f help from CAB or similar.

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,591 Disability Gamechanger
    And again @matilda .. reclaiming PIP is a poor idea unless you have significant new evidence or plan on approaching the claim in a completely different way. It will also cost you all the arrears you could have claimed had you pursued a further appeal and if you do a further appeal and a new claim it will also time-limit the period covered by the appeal and make life complex if you win a higher rate on appeal than you do with the new claim. If the new claim fails then guess what... back to square one. I’ve no desire to fall out with anyone but I’m going to call you out on this. You need to stop advising people to make fresh claims when you appear to have zero comprehension of the implications. 

@catherine8 you need to request a statement of reasons and recurs of proceedings from HMCTS ASAP with a view to a further appeal to Upper Trubunal on a point of law. In the meantime secure yourself face to face advice that you can discuss the SOR/ROP with.

I’m also going to strongly counsel you against comparisons with other claimants. It’s of no relevance to your appeal at all. Firstly no diagnosis is needed to claim disability benefits. Secondly most impairments are invisible. You should not judge someone you know with “some problems” unless you know the full picture; know what was put on the claim pack; what supporting evidence went in etc. DLA and PIP are not about the conditions or even symptoms. They are about the functional limitations of a condition and no two people are alike. Nor do you know what people are like after you’ve seen them. Focus on your own case.
Sign in or join us to comment.