Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Deaf Awareness Week: Art on the Underground tours
To mark Deaf Awareness Week, Transport for London (TfL) will hold two Art on the Underground tours on 13 June, exclusively to hearing impaired customers.
The tours, co-led by Art on the Underground and a British Sign Language interpreter, will showcase some of the most well-known artworks in Tube stations across London. The tours will also provide an opportunity to learn about the services TfL provides for hearing impaired customers, including travel mentors, who will be on hand to answer questions.
The first tour will start at award-winning British artist Heather Phillipson’s ambitious 80 metre long installation at Gloucester Road, leading through to John Maine’s Portland stone commission at Green Park station. It will finish at Piccadilly Circus station with Langlands & Bell’s “Beauty < Immortality” – a homage to former London Transport Chief Executive Frank Pick.
From there the second tour will begin, continuing to Tottenham Court Road station where Daniel Buren’s bold and colourful ‘Diamonds and Circles’ works ‘in situ’ and Sir Eduardo Paolozzi’s famous mosaics will be studied in detail.
There are 15 places on each tour and spaces will be assigned on a first come first served basis. If interested, e-mail [email protected] now to book your place and avoid disappointment.
- All Categories
- 12.8K Start here and say hello!
- 6.5K Coffee lounge
- 38 Games room
- 423 Cost of living
- 4.4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 208 Community updates
- 9.1K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.5K Work and employment
- 785 Education
- 1.6K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 611 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 370 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 758 Transport and travel
- 30.4K Talk about money
- 4.3K Benefits and financial support
- 5.1K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 16.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 4.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 857 Chronic pain and pain management
- 160 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.2K Mental health and wellbeing
- 322 Sensory impairments
- 818 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions