Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
HI I have been given a appointment to have a health assessment .I informed them that I was suffering from panick attacks and could not leave the house due to anxiety and asked if I could have a home visit .was informed by DWP I needed a letter of my GP stating this and they would look at a home visit. I got the GP letter that says I was suffering from panic attacks and not able to leave the house due to anxiety symptoms. I have now just received a letter saying my request for a home visit has been refused due to the medical evidence they have received.my question is is this normal and can the DWP override a GP .looks like DWP have made a decision to throw me of benefit before health assessment has been taken .anyone had this happen to them?????
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.