how to appeal pip decision — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

how to appeal pip decision

exdx
exdx Community member Posts: 12 Listener
hey guys so I got my letter in and was given 8 points standard rate when I was on higher rate ive went through the points scoring and I should have been given 12 points mainly due to her either lying for some of my points that I clearly did not say or due to her English not being that great and my aniexty being bad maybe that was the problem or maybe I too naïve, the annoying thing is I brought a family member with I asked to record the interview I thought she had recorded it but when we got out she says it didn't work but I take it if it goes to tribunal I can use her as witness to what I said etc?  anyways how do I go about appealing this guys as id like to appeal and what usually happens if anyone has gone through this before, I wont go through all my points etc I just need help on how to appeal and any advice on what to expect and what happens after if this fails and if I appeal this decision is there a possible I could have all my benefits stopped I really don't know enough on this, there is not enough info on the letter, any help would be great.

Comments

• exdx
    exdx Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    I just need help on what to ask for when I phone just say id like to appeal this and then what happens etc do they ask me on the phone when I phone up what points I don't argee with etc or is that for another time 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Disability Rights UK site (DR) has a good guide to PIP appeals.

And try to get some f2f advice from CAB or similar.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.