Mandatory taping of Face to face interviews ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory taping of Face to face interviews ?

Is it time for a campaign to make it mandatory for the ATOS or Capita to tape all face to face as it is grossly unfair that honest people tell the truth but there may be dishonest people make the submission to the DWP. There seems to be a reluctance on the DWP and the assessors to want this. I would have thought it would be good for both sides unless there is an ulterior motive for not doing it ?  The £700M Atos are getting should be sufficient to provide assessors who perform many in a day with forensic quality equipment. Cost prohibitive for claimants and at least 72 hours notice prior to the interview. All stacked against the claimant ?

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2018
    RobI said:
    Is it time for a campaign to make it mandatory for the ATOS or Capita to tape all face to face as it is grossly unfair that honest people tell the truth but there may be dishonest people make the submission to the DWP. There seems to be a reluctance on the DWP and the assessors to want this. I would have thought it would be good for both sides unless there is an ulterior motive for not doing it ?  The £700M Atos are getting should be sufficient to provide assessors who perform many in a day with forensic quality equipment. Cost prohibitive for claimants and at least 72 hours notice prior to the interview. All stacked against the claimant ?

Whilst being in favour of recording to appease people (whether it will make any difference in outcome is something I doubt), it should be optional. To force someone who is shy, goes to the assessment alone and is an introvert to have to be recorded video/sound (as in a police interview room) is not fair.

Personally I would not like to be told that I would be forced (failure to co-operate will result in the claim being closed) to have to undergo such a system. Being recorded in this manner doesn't actually bother me - but I know it will bother many others.

Everybody should be given a choice.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.