Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Wanting to live independently with CP - any advise?
Hi I'm Becca and I'm new. I have cerebral palsy and epilepsy and I'm painfully shy and have no clue what to say lol. Um...but what I'm looking for is support I guess. I'm from a very tight-knit, old fashioned community of people that stick to themselves mostly so I have no clue what's out there in terms of health, care, support or really anything that'll help me live independently or as independently as I can which is something I really want to do
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 516 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 906 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 577 Chronic pain and pain management
- 637 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 820 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.