claimed — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


ALFIE27 Member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 2018 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi i have recently applied for UC am I correct in doing so? I work part time for 10hrs a week. My husband has been out of work since February this year.  But has since suffered a stroke. and is now unable to work. He isn't disabled but is unable to work at the present time. I am worried incase I have applied for wrong benefit


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,218 Disability Gamechanger
    If your area is a full Universal Credit are then you this is correct. Do you claim housing benefit also? If so then your housing benefit will also change and become part of the UC payments, called housing element. UC is paid monthly and payments usually take 6 weeks from the time you first apply.
  • ALFIE27
    ALFIE27 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    I have claimed on the gov web site for my husband and i, but it states you must verify your account and id through another company i opted for The Post Office, well now i am completely confuse???? as just dont know what i am doing.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,673 Disability Gamechanger
    You could try calling the Universal Credit helpline 
    Telephone: 0800 328 5644
    Senior online community officer


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.