Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Wife awarded PIP, but had bad experience with assessment. Terrified of having another one.
Hi guys only just joined never been on a forum before, but I'll give it ago , my wife has just received her pip review form and it's destroying her, she has severe anxiety, she's been through counselling , and just had 20weeks cbt , that's not helped , she has other physical issues but her anxiety consumes her. When she initially applied for pip I went with her, it was a day we had to build up to for weeks, in the room she cried till she was shaking, she was scared to death , she broke down to the point the the lady interviewing her handed her tissues and helped me to calm her down. She had an anxiety attack right there infront of her , to the point she felt the need to assist me in calming my wife. My wife was awarded pip but on the letters with the award, the lady had written NO VISIBLE SIGNS OF ANXIETY. we never really argued or questioned it because she was awarded the pip. Whilst her physical ailments may be enough to win the award , she is now terrified of another face to face. Whilst I can help her with her physical needs , I don't know how to help her with this ! I was there that day and read the award, the lady basically lied and the results are enormous. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.