Points system — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Points system

teresa50
teresa50 Community member Posts: 5 Listener

Hi there went to court about pip and won but the down fall is I'm on the standard rate that's not the issue as got 10 points I'm grateful for that but when I phoned up pip to let them no I mentioned about a mobility scooter they asked me how many paints did I get awarded I told them 10 the man said I got no chance as you have to get 12 points to get that its not fair I can't walk that far as it is and have to rely on my daughter's to push me or my mate at the moment my independence is very limited I don't go out anymore I do shopping on line I can't remember when I went shopping last I suffer from depression as it is I do try to help myself but recently had a fall in my back garden and hurt myself also my doc says after my blood test they noticed that there's something going on round the plate in my hip so presume they mean the metal spike in the bone as now its swollen and really hurts she said its not an infection so have no idea what it is I got an appointment at THE nuffield hospital in oxford on the 18th  with a different doctor so I hope they sort it out as my led should be getting better but it's getting worse I've had enough of it now its ruining my life.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes to qualify for a mobility car or scooter then you do need to be claiming the Enhanced mobility part and not Standard. Those that do claim this and have the car/scooter their mobility money will then be paid to motability and not to them. For this reason sometimes it's better to buy your own especially as you just want the mobility scooter. You can actually buy them new for around £450 online. These are also foldable and can fit into the boot of a car. If that is too much then maybe have a look on gumtree to see what's for sale in your area. There's very often scooters for sale online and some can be bought for less than £100. I bought myself one last years for just £60.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, having full rate mobility on pip is fine if you want a new car or use some of your allowance to hie pre a scooter. I had bought my own scooters one for dog walking and a while later a smaller on that goes into boot of car for days out or shopping trips. I had to use my savings before I got full mobility allowance the two cost nearly £1300 but being both new it has been worth it. Look on eBay and I am sure you will find a model to suit you either new or second hand, but buyer beware the batteries cost the earth to replace and so do the pneumatic tyres mine, it was cheaper to put four mid priced tyres on the car than four on the scooter not that I need them. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.