Behavioural issues due to brain damage- any advice? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Behavioural issues due to brain damage- any advice?

KENDAL123
KENDAL123 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
edited October 2021 in Autism and neurodiversity
Hi everyone my son as brain damage from birth he is now 7 am trying to challenge his behaviour problems at the moment have put so many things in place for him but I can’t get him to listen and take notice,it’s not been easy sometimes I feel lost not knowing if it will ever get better. Can anyone offer me any advice x

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for sharing this with us @KENDAL123- it must be really difficult for you both to cope with. Hopefully our community members will be in touch, and I've also passed this on to our Twitter community in the hope that others will be able to offer some guidance.
  • smiler43
    smiler43 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Hi Kendal 123
    I am 43 yrs old female who had a brain tumour medulloblastoma two years ago they could not remove all of it to dangerous so have 3 monthly scans . I am partially disabled had 5 ops to my head so brain damage . I  am better than I was so I believe the brain can heal it is a slow process it had took me over two years to be able to go up stairs  and even then I need help a carer had tobe with me . I have various issues sight , balance  ,swallowing, speech , but with time hope to get better . I have a 7 yr old as well who I cannot look after he is presently with a friend.  But he has had behavioural problems too but now Improving  and that's without brain damage . I am member of brain tumour charity on face book Macmillan , they offer support which sounds like what you and your son need . Hope it helps 
    X

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi @Kendal,

Sorry to hear about your situation, it sounds really tough.

We have some resources on our website about challenging behaviour that might be useful, there's a charity called the Challenging Behaviour Foundation who have lots of great information.

We used to have an expert on the community. Unfortunately, he can't support us any more - but you might be interested to read some of the discussions

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.