Had PIP assessment 2 weeks ago. Doctor changed medication - should I tell DWP? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Had PIP assessment 2 weeks ago. Doctor changed medication - should I tell DWP?

BellaBoo01 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have already went for my assessment 2 weeks ago but today my doctor changed medication and dont know if I should ring and tell PIP. Please help TIA 


  • markyboy
    markyboy Member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    I don't think your medication will affect your PIP scoring but if you need a reconsideration you can mention it then 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Member Posts: 2,590 Disability Gamechanger
    If the way your disabilities affect your daily living and mobility haven't changed, then you don't have to tell DWP about your change in medication.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,622 Pioneering

    As everyone has already said, there's no need to tell the DWP about this at the moment. Wait and see how things go. If the difficulties you have with the PIP activities (daily living or mobility) get better or get worse, and the change lasts for 3 months, then you could be due a different amount of PIP, depending on your points score.

    Basically, you need to wait to see if you get better or worse - if you do, that is the thing you need to report. Bear in mind that if you report a change, it will almost certainly result in your having to go for a new assessment.

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.