Ofsted job shadowing opportunity in Manchester
Ofsted is the Office for Standards in Education, Children's services and Skills. They inspect and regulate services that care for children and young people, and services providing education and skills for learners for all ages.
They have a job shadowing opportunity and are keen to hear from disabled people who might be interested.
The job shadowing activity will:
- Provide you with an opportunity to observe a professional in their job to gain an understanding of the person’s role
- Offers you experience of a workplace that may be different to what you are used to
- The opportunity to gain knowledge and occupational experience and to ask questions to build on your understanding
- To feed back your thoughts on the activity to ensure continuous improvement.
- This is not an offer of paid employment however the opportunity will enable you to build on your network of contacts
What to expect on the day:
- The shadowing will take place in an Ofsted office and you will be met by a member of the Ofsted team.
- The duration of the shadowing will be one day (maximum of two days) and can be arranged at a time that is both flexible and suitable for you and Ofsted.
- Come prepared with questions: for example you might ask what attracted them to work for Ofsted or how they got to where they are today.