Recording — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Recording

littleruthie123
littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
Hi could anyone please advise what you can actually take intoo a face 2 face review for recording please?.my last one I went alone and unfortunately so things got said that I haven't said .I'm taking someone with me this time .but still feelingood apprehensive. Thanks 

Comments

• littleruthie123
    Sorry feeling apprehensive  (cymo brain )
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    The DWP will be recording f2f acessments in the future but when this is to start there is no date.  As for recording the acessment your self you have to inform them in advance and provide them with a copy of the acessment immediately after the acessment and provide your own approved recording equipment. Taking a witness to take notes of questions asked and replys noted by you and the acessor will be the next best thing. May I sujest that in preparation you have a clip board to hand with the answers you gave in your applecation form to use in the course of the acessment so you can compare what was asked and the reply to check when you request your report of the acessment a week or two afterwards. Your witness will not have to show or give the acessor a copy of your notes and can not refuse.
  • littleruthie123
    Thank you .I was thinking of the taking notes .I haven't got any recording equipment suitable anyway .think I will go for your suggestion thank you ..I hope it does become a law in which they do record woukd be alot fairer 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope it does become a law in which they do record woukd be alot fairer 
    Not so much bothered about it becoming a legal requirement, what bothers me is that the claimant should be given the option and not have it recorded against their wishes.

Very few people that I know would feel comfortable, relaxed and 'at home' sitting in front of a camera if they are to be recorded.
  • littleruthie123
    Yes tricky one though .when they don't write down what you actually say .so I don't no what the answer is really .nerve wracking enough .I find talking about some of the things that I have been through very hard and upsetting which did me no favours last time .
  • Yadnad
    edited June 2018
    Personally and from my experiences I don't even bother or worry what the assessor has written. When I pointed out to the DWP the contents of a report carried out by the spinal unit after they assessed me on their rolling walking machine they awarded Enhanced Mobility despite the assessor saying that I could walk 200 metres with no problems. 
    However in the first report the assessor (after assessing my mental health) came to the conclusion that there was and never had been an issue with mental health difficulties. Because I didn't have up to date medical evidence (under two years old) proving the contrary I let that go and allowed the DWP to accept what the assessor said.
    On my second and third re-assessment I omitted everything that related to mental health on the basis that I just didn't have the current evidence to prove not only the diagnosis but also the prognosis.
  • littleruthie123
    Ok .I do feel like I have good evidence also .I wish I had challenged it last time .which is my own fault .mentally at the time i couldent cope with it at that time .
  • Yadnad
    Ok .I do feel like I have good evidence also .I wish I had challenged it last time .which is my own fault .mentally at the time i couldent cope with it at that time .

I gave up earlier this year after the 3rd review as I too could not cope with the fight anymore and the worry that these re-assessments will continue at two yearly intervals for the rest of my life.
  • littleruthie123
    I can so relate too that. It definitely takes it toll .and as you say such small awards given .so constant reviews 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.